Accelerate access control with seamless age and identity verification
Empower your access control teams with a seamless age and identity verification app, ensuring compliance with age-restricted regulations, while delivering frictionless customer experience and operational efficiency.
Fast-track sales with a swift verification process and impeccable accuracy.
Build trust by preventing underage access to restricted services or content.
Prevent underage access to restricted services mitigates the risk of potential liabilities.
Enjoy all the benefits of our IDV packed into one easy-to-use app
Verify identities in 3 simple steps
Explore our solutions
We bridge the gap between real-world identities and online engagements
Take It From Our Customers!
What is age verification?
Age verification is the process of confirming a user's age before granting them access to age-restricted products or services, whether in person or online. Its primary purpose is to protect minors from accessing inappropriate digital content or services, such as casinos or dating apps.
This process can help businesses build customer trust, prevent identity theft and online fraud, and create a safe online environment for minors to access age-appropriate content. It also ensures regulatory compliance and limits underage access to non-consenting transactions.
What are the top three reasons to implement online age verification?
- Screening: Age verification allows businesses to screen and filter out potential buyers of age-restricted products and services, making it clear that the content is age-restricted.
- Compliance: Legal requirements mandate online businesses to have age verification systems in place for products or services unsuitable for minors. Non-compliance can result in fines or legal consequences.
- Keeping Minors Away: Online businesses selling adult-only content are obligated to prevent minors from accessing their platforms. Inappropriate content can negatively impact a child's perception of the world.
Is age verification a legal requirement?
Yes, age verification is legally required with the law in many countries to meet regulatory obligations and protect vulnerable individuals. For example, in the United States, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) mandates verifiable parental consent before collecting information from children under 13.
What methods are commonly used for age verification?
The most prevalent methods for age verification include:
- Identity Document Verification: This method checks the authenticity of government-issued identity documents, such as driver's licenses or passports, to verify a person's age.
- Biometrics: Biometric methods use unique physical characteristics like facial patterns, fingerprints, or voice to confirm a person's identity and age.
- Database Checks: This method involves checking global and country-specific databases to assess legal, compliance, or reputational risks associated with an individual.
How can online businesses benefit from age verification service?
Implementing age verification solutions offers enhanced security, increased customer trust, and ensures that age-restricted websites remain inaccessible to underage users. It also helps online businesses maintain regulatory compliance and avoid penalties and reputational damage.